Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

001a&b - The famous Round Houses Veryan Nr St Mawes Cornwall

Today is the beginning of my 365 reboot and begins with this rework of a John Hindes Studio work, photographed by Edmund Nagele.



This new 365 project has been inspired by 365er Stripygoose, who we recently visited on Bird Migration day. Having completed all 365, Stripygoose invited Elenatgeezer, me and Positivelypostal over to her place and posted them all on one day in the same postbox, after which everyone present made a pact to do a full 365 all over again.

After some thought on themes, I decided to indulge my passion for postcard halfs, so I aim to make 365 pieces based on original postcards, where I cut them in half and do something creative with the other half. This pic is of somewhere in Cornwall and has been reworked in watercolour with Fineliner.

Obviously, as I am working with 2 sets of 2 halfs, then technically I'll be making 2 365s, but I didn't think that was fair, so will count both sides as a single piece, labelled a and b for simplicity.



As the blog posts come, I'll be expanding on the rationale behind the theme a little more, so watch this space.
3 comments:

Congratulations on the start of the half-and-half postcard series - love it!


Glad I decided on this theme in the end, it suits me and it's been fun so far. Lets see if I still think so in 365 cards time...


One at a time Andy,one at a time.


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...