Mailart 365
Making mailart every day since December 1st, 2010!

Mailart 365 has moved

Thanks for visiting Mailart 365. This site is an archive of mailart produced by artists doing mailart 365 from December 2010 to August 2016. As of July 2016, we moved to a new and more modern site at www.mailart365.com. Come on over and check us out there




Mailart365

Maria is solid.

Labels:
I am absolutely pumped to take part in this Mail Art adventure. My name is Maria, I am nineteen years old, and I have been making, sending, and receiving mail art for approximately 2 weeks now. My art making process -which involves good background music and a huge pile of magazine / found paper scraps -is still evolving, and I am hoping that Mailart 365 will be a driving force behind motivating me to create better and better works of art every day. Anyway, I mostly work with collage, and since that's right up mail art's alley, it's fun for me to de-stress some days by gluing a few things together to send off to some lucky person. There are examples of my mail art on my blog, but for the time being I'll just show you some non-mail art stuff I have been working on lately (I always have several projects going on at the same time, and I never know how they are going to end)...





And here are some examples of some finished pieces of work:





 I think someone posted earlier that they would be keeping track of all of the addresses for this project in a special notebook. That sounds like a great idea! I think I will use that method, too. Also, someone else may have mentioned that they weren't sure where they were going to get addresses to send all of this mail art too. Well, prior to finding this site, I was searching for mail art calls, and I found a few links that may prove useful to people taking part in this project:

If anyone has any other sites they think would be useful, please let me know. I'm excited to see the work everyone produces. Well, I think that's a long enough introduction post, so I'm out. See you in the days ahead!

Maria
4 comments:

You better post your art - silly rabbit!!!!

At least once a week yo...


I hadn't thought of submitting to mail art calls. Great idea! I will probably send to as many IUOMA members as possible, too. I would like to send to a different address for each card. I'm thinking of printing out some small clear labels with this blog address and maybe a few words about the project and putting those on the cards.


They are some great links there Maria. I'll add them to the sidebar when I get a chance.

I was thinking of perhaps submitting mailart to people who hadn't seen so much of it before too, so submitting mailart for campaigns, to prisoners of conscience that sort of thing. Amnesty have a place where you can write to prisoners and there is a site called Writeaprisoner I think where you can write to prisoners. I suppose I'd rather like mailart to reach out.

I might make a month theme where I just send to campaigns and another month just to prisoners or something


I will NOT mail to prisoners...I would much rather write to soldiers...at least what they are doing they are forced to do - prisoners are a waste of time in my opinion.

Please do not reward bad behavior.....


Post a Comment

Badge

Making mailart with mailart 365? Tell the world with our mailart 365 badge!

I'm making mailart - EVERY DAY! www.mailart365.com

Recent Comments

Fill out my online form.

Followers


Our other blogs

Our other blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...